Who we are
We are Weboteeq. Our website address is: https://weboteeq.co.za. We are a division of Bounteeq Pty Ltd, operating in the jurisdiction of South Africa.
Weboteeq acts as the data controller for Bounteeq Pty Ltd, and thus for all ventures under the Bounteeq umbrella. At Weboteeq, and Bounteeq at large, we are 100% committed to protecting your privacy and security.
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. Below you can find a summary showing what data we use, what we do with it, and why we do it.
Your personal details
This data includes your name, date of birth, gender, address, email address, social media handle, screen name and phone number.
We use it to identify you when you contact us. It helps us detect fraudsters, follow up on queries related to our service delivery, and communicate updates about our terms of service. It is an essential part of our commitment to service delivery.
We may also periodically send you information about our products and services. This helps us to market our service offering to stay competitive and in business. This is optional i.e. you get to choose to opt-in, and when so, you get to unsubscribe at any time.
Your comments on our site
This data includes the data fields shown in the comments form when you leave comments on our site, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection and improve security. It is an essential part of our commitment to service delivery.
Your contact history with us
This data includes what you’ve said to us — for example, by email, on instant chat, on Social Media, or in private message. If you contact us by phone we might record calls to our customer care centre, too. We use this data to deliver customer support and improve upon past service delivery. It is an essential part of our commitment to service delivery and also helps us train new staff.
Anonymised information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website
This data includes information collected when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type, how you use our website (such as the pages you visit and the products you look at) and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data. All of this information is intentionally anonimised and we cannot identify you personally by this information. This information is essential for providing the correct cookies and browsing experience suited to your device type and location. It is an essential part of offering a functional responsive website.
Information from social media or third-party accounts you link to us
This data includes a record of your Social Media handle, and the other information that is made available to us according to your social media account settings, if and when you choose to link your social media or other third party accounts to us. It also includes any data from comments you make about us on social media or third-party services, which helps us to monitor our customers views and opinions about us, which in turn helps us to improve our service offering – it is important for us to know what you think about us.
Responses to surveys, feedback and competitions
This data includes feedback targeted from surveys, questionnaires and competitions. Your participation is completely voluntary. The information from surveys and questionnaires helps us monitor opinions about us and our service offering, helping us improve. The information from competitions is vital because we need the means to let participants, including the winner, know about the results.
Your comments, product reviews, media uploads and other posts you publish to our site
This data includes the data fields shown in the comments, reviews or uploads forms when you leave feedback on our site. This is an important component of our service delivery, as it provides real-world feedback to other current and prospective users of our website to signal approval or warnings.
We also collect the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection and improve security, which is an essential part of our commitment to service delivery.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies are data files that can hold small amounts of info and are stored on your device (computer, smartphone etc) when you first visit a website.
- essential operations, like site navigation
- allowing you to stay logged in to your account, add items to your shopping cart or to your Favourite Items, to comment on blog posts and review purchased items
- analysing visitor numbers and behaviours, such as what pages are frequently visited
- assessing the success of our advertising campaigns, offers and communications
- targeting suitable advertising messages
- understanding which promoters have helped us reach out to new customers, or have promoted our products on their websites
What types of cookies do we use?
Type of cookies we use
There are three main types:
(1) Site functionality cookies – these allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Targeting or advertising cookies – these are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Essential cookies for site functionality, and their life expectancy
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How to manage cookies
Most browsers allow you to manage cookies saved on your device – just head to the help section of your browser. But don’t forget, if you modify your settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access parts of our site or our service.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies in the Bounteeq group, as different divisions of Bounteeq are responsible for different activities (e.g. Weboteeq handles IT, while Bounteeq handles finance)
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as third-party security scanners and spam filters, marketing and advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
You may choose to take advantage of some of our additional services, in which case, depending on your choices we may share your data with the following categories of companies to fulfil the services you have asked for:
- Social media sites (for example if you choose to link your accounts to us) and other companies approved by you, and
- Other third party payment providers, when you choose to use their payment services
If you would like to know more about the 3rd parties we may share personal data with, or how to find out more on how they will use your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also provide third parties with aggregated and anonymised information and analytics about our customers. Before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment or product review, the content and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you continue to be an active Weboteeq customer and for as long as we are required to keep it to ensure we meet our legal requirements (e.g. for tax purposes). If you have been inactive (not logging in to your account) for more than two years, we will delete all your account information that we are legally allowed to.
If you no longer wish to be a customer you can contact our Customer Care team and request that we close your account. However, we have a legal requirement to keep some of your personal data even after you have asked us to delete it. We will only keep what we absolutely need to, and only to make sure we can meet our legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions.
What rights you have over your data
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information. In short, If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
In more detail, you have the right:
- to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this page!)
- to access the personal information we hold about you
- to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances (note we are required by law to retain some data for tax purposes, for up to 5 years)
- to stop direct marketing messages
- to withdraw consent for any consent-based processing at any time
- to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- to ask us to explain any computer-system decision about you
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or Contact Us via the Weboteeq website. We have 30 days in which to respond to you.
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so you can review the changes before you continue to use Weboteeq’s services and products.